Before I share the recipe for today I have to say Im super sad. I made my own birthday cake yesterday, which took over 2 hours to make…and it tasted HORRIBLE. This was the most complicated buttercream recipe I have seen in my life (meringue, sugar syrup, what!). I did everything like the recipe said, including the 4 sticks of butter (yeah you read that right…4), and it tasted TERRIBLE. I thought it was just me being dramatic but Joe took it to work today and there are only 3 slices gone. Normally by this time if he brought something I made it would be all gone. On the plus side the decorating came out just like I wanted it to.
Ok sad story done now on to good savory food. I love this reciep because its really quick and can be thrown together in under 30 minutes. It also has some leftovers so we can have it for lunch the next day. Enjoy 🙂
Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage Sweet and Sour Stir Fry
Servings: 5 Prep Time: 15min Cook Time: 15min Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage , sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mixed bell pepper medley (or stir fry mix but I like the pepper blend best)
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained, reserving liquid
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Hot cooked brown or white rice (I use instant brown rice and cook it at the same time as the rest of the meal)
In a large skillet, heat oil; stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender.
Add sausage and pineapple; cook and stir until heated through.
In a small bowl, combine water, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and reserved pineapple juice.
Add to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately over rice.
CHIME IN!!! Have you ever had a recipe disaster? What are you doing this weekend?