Happy Friday everyone! Who is ready for the weekend!! Its supposed to be really stormy in Houston so we may just take it easy and relax. The best way to spend a weekend after a jam packed week if you ask me:)
Today Im sharing more food from the Harry Potter party! These were seriously so good and were gone so fast I doubt everyone got some. Note to self, when cheese, garlic and bread is involved, always make double! Luckily I did eat one before they disappeared and can say yum! The dough was pretty easy to make and turned out very nicely. I find this this yeast works the best and dont buy any other kind now. I have had too many bad packets of the instant crap I just dont mess around anymore. There is little worse in the bread world than dough that doesnt rise.
Piroshky Draughts Recipe
Servings: 24 pieces Prep Time: 15min Cook Time: 12min Rise Time: 30min Difficulty: Moderate
- 1 ½ c warm water
- 1 Tbs yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 3 ½ c flour
- 1/2 cube butter
- 1/2 c green onion, sliced
- 2 c Cheddar cheese, grated
- garlic salt
- Dissolve 1 ½ c warm water, 1 Tbs yeast, 1 tsp sugar. Mix in 1 tsp salt, 1 Tbs sugar, 3 ½ c flour.
- Knead till smooth, place in greased bowl, cover with towel for 15 min
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or butter.
- Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into 4in x 2in strips (can make larger or smaller depending on how many you want to make). Coat with butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt, cheddar cheese, and green onion. Roll up like mini Cinnamon rolls. Place them 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Repeat for each strip of dough.
- Let rise for 15 min. until doubled in size.
- Bake at 400’ for 8-12 min.
(recipe slightly modified from here)
CHIME IN!!! Do you love bread? What are you doing this weekend?