I am officially leaving for Disneyland a week from today!!!!! Costumes are almost done, vigilant stretching and foam rolling is happening, thoughts of packing are rummaging around in my head. Im READY!!
Ok before I get ahead of myself, I am linking up with Amanda here
- But seriously, the Avengers Half is a little over a week away. I checked the course map and this time we are running through the Angels Stadium! I am not a big baseball fan but I remember running Tink and it was a little boring. For those of you who have never run a Disneyland race or even been to Disneyland for that matter…its a pretty small resort. Like…you can walk from one park to another small. You can only run about 3 miles in the resort the rest is in Anaheim itself. This can actually be a good thing if you are looking to get a decent time. We shall see how it goes for me. I really hope the castle is decked out for Christmas, I have never seen Disneyland at Christmas!
2. I went to Starbucks Tuesday and got my standard holiday drink…pumpkin spice gingerbread steamer with soy (cause Im so fancy I dont drink coffee) and got the new holiday cup! Yay! Oh wait…not yay. What is this red boring nonsense Im holding…where is my fun whimsical holiday cup?!? The fall cup was super cute, what the hell starbucks, got a little lazy did we! Boo hiss on this boring ass cup, try harder 😛
3. I booked my flights for Paris using miles for me and Joe! Ahhhh!!! These flights would be been $1300/person so I am super happy I am a baller enough to get 2 roundtrip tickets to Paris!!!! 30th birthday I am going to rock you!! I booked my hotel for after the Disneyland Paris half as well and its right by Notre Dame and the Luxembourg Gardens. I feel like the most grown up fancy person ever! We are going to spend a week total in Paris (3 days at Disneyland, that castle though!!!) and I cant wait to start planning excursions and such for that. Anyone who has been to Paris shout out some suggestions. I think we are going to take a day trip to Champagne and Versailles. Eep!!!!
4. To bring the snobbery down a notch (#sorrynotsorry) Does anyone know how to use curlers? I am thinking about giving them a try because I suck at a curling iron and cant seem to get the hang of it. Is it easier to use curlers? Will I automatically get AARP if I use them?
5. I got the new Pioneer Woman cookbook for my birthday (thanks Mom!) and we made the Chicken Taco Salad for dinner last night…it was DELICIOUS! In an effort to eat more healthy and less processed foods this was a really good looking salad. It does have ranch and tortilla chips (I left off the cheese) so it wasnt the absolute most healthiest salad we could have done, but hey baby steps right! If you dont have Ree’s new cookbook you should get it stat. I love how she has pictures of every step, because Im a child and need pictures 🙂
6. Speaking of food…the sugar reduction in my life is going…ok…I am still eating some processed sugar foods but working towards zero on a daily basis. I have a very hard time throwing food away (because its wasteful!!!) so in my head I have to eat it to get it out of the house. The candy we had Joe took to work so thats out of the house, now I just have some fiber one gummies. I cant seem to quit you gummies!!!
7. I have started eating a new breakfast on running days…an english muffin with peanut butter and bananas. Its very filling and delicious. Why and english muffin and not reguar bread, because english muffins toast better and come in flavors like pumpkin spice 🙂 Dont judge!
8. Do you ever find yourself just scrolling through the cloud of your photos (thank you google photos)? I do that a lot, Joe thinks its weird. I like remembering good times, and the cloud makes it so easy to just pull up your photos when you need a mental break and go back and see happy memories. Side note—does everyone know google does that, and so does Amazon? Although Amazon’s isnt as cools as Google, if you are a prime member you get unlimited photo storage. Google sometimes animates photos that are sequential, creates stories, enhances photos…its pretty cool. If you didnt know about it already you should check it out. Example—this gem from over 6 years ago when Summer and I were walking the Vegas strip during my first ever snow storm!!!!!!! Check out that legit snowball!
9. Im meeting with a running coach this weekend to see what they can do for me, cost and all that jazz. Im excited because this may be the fire I need to refocus my training and stop getting random injuries. Ill let you know how it goes. In the meantime I leave you with another oldie gem 🙂
Meeting Reel Big Fish!!!!!! I still love them 🙂