Since I just finished my Gauntlet Challenge Sunday (post coming soon!!!) I figured I would finally write about what I wear for long runs/ race days vs. shorter runs. Slight disclaimer though, I dont wear this stuff for Disney runs. I wear costumes and dont bring water because Disney races have plenty of water stops. Love races with plenty of hydration.
Starting with my short run:
- Running shorts over bike shorts during the summer switched out for capri pants in the winter. The bike shorts prevent chaffing. I dont use body glide
- Sports bra, shorter runs I use one with a little less support
- Sweat-wicking top
- FlipBelt holds my phone and house keys
- Arm Sweatband
- Headband in the summer switch for a fleece headband in the winter
For longer runs the base is the same with some additions
- Protein Bar before the run
- VS Sports Bra (I use this one and this one)
- Fuel Belt
- Compression Sleeves
- Gauze and tape (only when i run with the Hokas)
Looks like something is missing though…something kinda important and I dont mean shoes…oh yeah SOCKS! I forgot to put my socks in the two pictures so they get their own section!
The reason I did not include my shoes is because my shoes do change and thats also person specific. My long runs I have been using Hokas but maybe you love Brooks. I did a review here on my Hokas, still working on getting a feel for the Brooks before I review those.
While the shoes I have used have changed my gear has been pretty consistent. I upgraded to the Fuel Belt recently only because i wanted more water than what my previous one had. I upgraded to the Thorlo socks when the Hokas attacked the sides of my feet (spolier alert, they didnt help). Other than that, I like to stick with what I know.
CHIME IN!!! Are you picky about your running gear? Did you run this weekend? How are you today? *If you are interested in a VS Sport bra review shout it out!