Another week another holiday! This week its new year’s eve! Im in Allen Texas today recovering from my half marathon this morning and prepping for my next one tomorrow. Yes I am that crazy person. But the medal is awesome and sometimes I get sucked into a really awesome medal…dont judge me!
Linking up with Amanda again here and I think now would be a good time to reflect on 2015!
- I think I may be really crazy for doing back to back half marathons…even if the medal is awesome. On the bright side of that though I get to eat In ‘N Out burger and feel 0% bad about it.
2. This year has definitely been the year of travel. Let’s see, we went to Italy (Venice, Bologna, Florence, Pisa, Rome), Amsterdam (work), Orlando, Chicago (work), Midland (work), Vancouver, Alaska (Skagway, Ketchikan, Juneau), Midland again (work), Dallas (work), Phoenix (work), Anaheim, Dallas, Orlando (work and personal), San Antonio (work), Anaheim, Orlando, San Antonio (work), Allen. Fhew Im exhausted just typing all of that! 2016 is going to be much less travel which is a little sad but good for my bank account.
3. I had the best birthday ever with a Harry Potter themed party. I think everyone had a great time because I know I did. It was a lot of work but paid off 10000%. The photobooth alone was amazing, clearly though my brother and sister in law think Im crazy 🙂
4. I ran more races than I ever have before! Not including what Im doing today and tomorrow I did 3 half marathons, 3 10k’s, and 2 5k! Im a racing fool!!! Not to mention all the training runs, pretty sure my poor feet need some TLC this weekend.
5. Possibly because all of those races I have been injured more than ever before. I love my doctor but would love to not see her so often!
6. Fitness wise this has been a pretty solid year. While the scale doesnt show the number I want and there are areas of my body I still want to work on I know I am stronger today than I was at the beginning of the year and thats a positive. I have every intention on getting even stronger next year.
7. I hope to make some interesting changes in 2016 which I cant talk about until they happen but Im hoping something new comes my way in 2016 😀 I love this quote from one of my favorite authors.
8. Look forward to 2016 I am least and most excited to turn 30. Excited because we are going to PARIS!!!! Not excited because its 30 and thats, ugh, old. Ok not really Im being overly-dramatic, but ugh 30. Paris though!!! Suggestions on places to eat are much appreciated 🙂
9. What are your highlights from 2015? Anything exciting on the books for 2016?