I don’t have anything specific I want to talk about today, so I’m going to do this classic thought dump style.
- I’m on my way to Tampa today for the Gasparilla Half Marathon and to spend time with my friend Brittany. I don’t think we have ever, just the two of us been to Disney together before so I’m excited to go the Happiest Place on Earth with her! Tampa is about an hour away from Disney so its really easy to get to. Being from Houston an hour is a normal commute anywhere so no biggie for me 🙂
2. I’m traveling pretty much for 2 weeks straight. I will be home a day here and a day there to change clothes in my suitcase and change destinations. Its going to be a long but fun 2 weeks. Next week Ill be in Atlanta with Amy (for work, but she lives there) and she is going to show me her city. Reunited and it feels so good!
3. Joe has a training in Charlotte in April and I’m going to tag along! I’m pretty excited I’ve never been to any of the Carolina’s before and it looks like there is plenty to do with mountains on one side and beaches on the other. April should be a nice time of year and quick mini-vacations are always fun. Even better Joe had enough miles to get my ticket there! Yay for frequent flyer miles 🙂
4. I know I mentioned it already but Im really stoked about my 5k PR. I havent raced a 5k in I dont know how long. I was pretty nervous at the start, didn’t have anyone to talk to, but got a great time and was really happy with how everything went. There are things I could have done better (mile 2 getting stuck behind a 2-wide running cluster) but for the first time in a long time racing Im happy. Now to get as fast as Fueled by LOLZ 😀
5. I took a United domestic flight to San Antonio Monday and got the stroopwaffle on the flight!!!!!! Im so happy United is bringing back the small touches that made Continental great back in the day. I know not everyone cares about this kind of thing but I really enjoy it.
6. While in San Antonio I stopped by this bakery called Bird Bakery. It was close to the airport and a mid-point to my first appointment of the day. It also had some intersting pictures on yelp. I stopped in and this bakery is ADORABLE! I fell in love with the decor, variety of cupcakes, sandwiches, and pies but the oatmeal cranberry walnut cookie sold me. It was AMAZING! I ordered a dozen cupcakes (a variety of flavors) and sampled the carrot cake which was divine. Little did I know its actually owned by Elizabeth Chambers and Armie Hammer (Lone Ranger yall). They have an adorable story here and now I know I will be making many return trips when Im in San Antonio. If you are in the Lone Star state and your travels bring you anywhere near the Alamo, check this place out STAT.
7. I became a big girl runner last week and got an official running journal, this one in fact. I searched for a while and couldnt find one I loved and was actually using a regular notebook (gasp). I’ve switched to a running specific journal and so far I love it. Its a lot easier to glance back at and see what kinds of runs I did and how they went. What I like most is that you can like your race PR’s, bucket list races, things you want to try and ailments you had and what you did to work them out. Its a pretty nifty journal if I do say so myself 🙂
8. Whats a random thought you have this week?