- Joe and I started a 21 day sugar detox Monday (this one). Its probably too soon to say anything about it but yall, its EXPENSIVE to go sugar free. All the “pantry staples” I had to get, sheesh. Healthy is really for the upper class an not in a positive way. Below is a sample of what we have made…homemade beef jerky. Looks nasty but its pretty good!
2. I’m not traveling for the next 3 weeks which I’m happy about but man does it make the work week longer.
3. Flowers are blooming, the pollen is out and spring if officially here! I love the smell of spring and all the beautiful flowers. My wisteria is in bloom right now and its gorgeous and smells divine. I’m so happy we found a plant that was already blooming because according to the guy at the nursery wisteria can take 10 years to bloom! Crazy right!
4. In true “go out with a bang” style I made Unicorn Bars for movie night with Amy. They were so simple and delicious and are making me sad I cant have them for 3 weeks. I had Joe take the leftovers to work Monday morning so there were no temptations left in the house. Better safe than sorry!
5. One of the bad parts of the sugar detox is headaches and acne. Sometimes my headaches only go away with a coke so this will be interesting. But oh the acne…evil horrible acne. Has no place on an almost 30 year old but yet I’m plagued by acne. I don’t want to relive my awkward teenage years…k thanks
6. Netflix completes me lately. With Daredevil Season 2 coming out to finding a pretty cool series, The Lizzy Borden Chronicles (hello Lifetime, when did you start making good TV) I’m a happy camper. Beware the binge watch!!! LOL
7. I recently tried Kevita, a sparkling ProBiotic drink that helps with digestion. The more I’m on a plane the more my digestion gets messed up. I have found that drinking Kevita actually helps with that, so when I get back from trips I pick on up at the grocery store to get things back on track…if you know what I mean 🙂 (PS—not sponsored, just though I’d share). I think the flavors are slightly too sweet and not the best combos out there but it does the trick. A’int nobody got time to be backed up!
8. When did I get to the age where I’m older than a lot of people…when did this happen? I just recently became aware of this and I don’t know how I feel about it. Should I have all these pearls of wisdom now that I’m usually the oldest person in the room? I mean I’m pretty smart but that’s a lot of pressure 🙂
9. What are your thoughts today?