- We went to Charleston last weekend and all I can say is BLAH! Sorry if you live there but I was so totally underwhelmed. The pineapple fountain was awesome but on the whole the city felt dirty and run down. I was hoping it was going to be similar to Savannah but alas it was not. We were going to spend the day there but ended up driving to Myrtle Beach instead.
2. Speaking of Myrtle Beach, I was pleasantly surprised with this city. I thought it was going to be some nasty tourist trap but the parts we went to were nice and not very crowded for a Saturday. The water was SO COLD which is a big change from the bathwater in Galveston. While I probably wont go back here (its pretty expensive to stay) it was nice to visit for the day and say we have been there.
3. I am back running which is good because I need to stay in shape but bad because I’m still tired of running. I think Paris is a little too far off and I know the summer heat wave is coming and I’m not looking forward to that at all. Anyone have any tips for staying cool in the heat other than running in the early morning and pouring water over your head.
4. In other news…I signed up for my first marathon last week. YIKES and YAY all at the same time. Of course its the Walt Disney World Marathon in January so plenty of time to prep but yeah…that happened 😉
5. Now that I’m back eating carbs I have more energy but I’m sleeping like crap. You know when you are bone tired but your mind just wont be quiet and let you get some gosh darn sleep. Yeah that’s whats going on around here lately. Maybe its the sugar, maybe its things on my mind, who knows but I’m ready to get some good comatose sleep STAT.
6. Anyone reading the Outlander series? I’m on the 4th book and really enjoy the series. I read a blurb from the author’s website yesterday saying she experiments with each book on how she writes them. Like point of view, transitions, story prose, you know things like that. Now that I know that the books make a little more sense. You would have to have read (or in my case listened to) the books to understand what I mean but I think that’s very interesting. Totally random tangent I know but I just found that out the other day and thought I would share. If you aren’t reading Outlander you need to, its pretty intriguing.
7. I know this wont be earth shattering news, but have you ever tried loose leaf tea? I don’t remember exactly when I tried it for the first time but oh my goodness the flavors of loose leaf tea are so much more intense than bagged tea its silly. Teavanna makes some great blends in their store but holy crap its expensive. David’s Tea’s are much more affordable but I find the flavors aren’t as complex…if that makes sense. Moral of this random story is you should try loose leaf tea with a tea press (like this one) it will make you feel fancy and tea is so much better for you than coffee.
8. I may be going to New York City in June and I am so excited about it. I cant wait to eat all the food, watch a Broadway show and see more of Central Park! I really love visiting New York but could never imagine living there. I took this picture the last time I was there…with my cell phone! I know, crazy right!
CHIME IN!!! Have you been to NYC? Loose leaf tea, bagged tea or no tea at all? Ever been to the Carolinas?