Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!!!! This holiday is pretty much an excuse to drink margaritas and enjoy some good Mexican food but hey let’s celebrate anyway! In honor of Cinco de Mayo I’m going to think out loud my favorite Mexican recipes! Side note—you wont find guacamole on this list, that’s because I have my own favorite recipe that i have yet to type up. Ill get around to sharing that I promise!
- Mexican Street Corn—I’ve made this before and its really good. Messy, but really good.
- Classic Roasted Salsa—You just cant go wrong with Martha! My mom has a fantastic salsa recipe but its pretty time consuming. If you want a quick homemade salsa look no further.
- Strawberry Bottomed Pineapple Margarita—I love a good margarita and there are really none better than a homemade one without a nasty sugary mix.
- Tequila Lime Cheesecake—Ok so its not traditional but I don’t like flan or dulce de leche so this is what you get instead
- Queso Fundido with Chorizo—mmmmm queso! I love queso. While I’m still trying to find the perfect queso recipe, this one is a pretty solid contender
- Chicken Avocado Enchiladas —What would a fiesta be without some enchiladas! I am not a fan of the red sauces but an avocado cream and I am on board!
- Fresh Lime Margarita—The classic margarita but with nothing fake, what more could you ask for.
- Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup —While I know Taco Bell is not strictly Mexican, I do love this soup and make it more often than I care to admit.
- Crock Pot Mexican Hot Chocolate—If you have never had Mexican hot chocolate before you are really missing out. Add a touch of Rum Chata to it and you really have a party!
- Margarita Cupcakes—Get your margarita on but without the alcohol!
- Chicken, Bacon and Cream Cheese Taquitos—We made these for Super Bowl and they were the first things to disappear. That right there should tell you how delicious they were.
CHIME IN!!! Do you like margaritas? Flan yes or no? Do you do anything on cinco de mayo?