I wanted to share 5 lessons I’ve learned in life so far that
- Diversity needs to be celebrated and cherished. I am fortunate enough to live in a city where there are many cultures and races represented and to me thats the norm. It seems like everyday there is some new tragedy because people cant accept each other. You don’t need to share the same beliefs or traditions as someone but a person is a person no matter how small.
2. Even athletes struggle with their sport. I read a blog post from an elite athlete recently where she basically laid out how she rode the struggle bus the ENTIRE half marathon and had thoughts of quitting. I cant tell you how much better that made me feel. In the blog world you typically see someone’s best but not their worst. Everyone has bad days, even elites so don’t feel bad when you have a bad day.
3. You have a special talent even if you don’t know it. I found mine working at my current job. Apparently not everyone is organized and can plan effectively. I thought people just knew how to do these things but I was so wrong. Because of my new-found “gift” I have been to 3 other offices sharing my knowledge. If you have a talent share it!
4. If you say to yourself “I’m probably going to forget this” yeah your going to forget so you better write it down. I cant even tell you how many times I’ve looked at something and gone “I should probably do x before I forget” not done it and totally forgot. Face palm moment people, face palm.
5. You don’t know what you don’t know so be inquisitive. I like information, I read things that interest me talk to people that know more than me and pay attention. Knowledge is power so soak it all up.
CHIME IN!!! What’s a lesson you have learned? Do you have a talent? What are you doing this weekend?