I don’t think you can really say we have winter in the South. It rarely gets below 20 degrees and if that does happen its only for a few hours. I see meme’s all the time about how horrible it is to run in the winter and it got me thinking. Running in the winter in the south isn’t that bad! I actually look forward to it.
- Yes its cold, its not ice on the ground, blizzard warning cold but its still cold
- All those long sleeve tech shirts I got from fall races are now coming in handy. Who needs a jacket, long sleeves are enough
- Too cold in the morning, go at later in the day it will warm up
- No need to buy all that winter running gear! Gloves, bah who needs them. Ear warmers, hand warmers, fleece lined pants, yeah I don’t need any of that.
- Snow slowing you down, not in the South! What is snow anyway?
- Training in the winter is like a vacation to the hell that is summer training. Or should I say training in the firery inferno
Stay running my friends 🙂
CHIME IN!!! Where my southern runners at? Have you ever run in a snow storm? Favorite season to run, go!